Swim and exercise amongst friends
Course 1. NPLQ Lifeguard, Emergency First Aid Work and Automated External Defibrillator course.
Course 2. STA Swimming Teachers Course, Award.
Wem Swimming and Life Style Centre – NPLQ Lifeguard, Emergency First Aid at Work and Automated External Defibrillator course.
(In association with the Royal life Saving Society)
Dates: 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 July 2018
Price: £200. – Venue: Wem Swimming Pool
Times: All times are 9am to 6pm apart from the 29th July which will be starting at 8.30am and assessment starting at 3pm
Wem Swimming and Lifestyle Centre in conjunction with The Royal Life Saving Society, are able to offer a five day National Pool Lifeguard Qualification, Emergency First Aid at Work and Automated External Defibrillator course plus an assessment, following the latest (8th Edition) National Pool Lifeguard Qualification.
If successful on assessment, the candidate will hold the following qualifications: NPLQ, Emergency First Aid at Work and trained to use an Automated External Defibrillator.
Please note that applicants are required to:
- Be aged 16 or over.
- Swim 50 metres in 1 minute or less
- Swim 100 metres continuously on their front and then their back
- Tread water in deep water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the deepest part of the pool (2metres)
- Climb out of the pool unaided, without using steps or ladder.
To apply please contact Niall Parker on 07702 421660. Email: email@example.com for an application and registration forms.
STA Swimming Teachers Course, Award
The Swimming Teaching Award is the STAs Introductory level qualification and qualifies you to teach up to 10 beginners.
Venue: Wem Swimming and Lifestyle Centre
Dates: 30, 31 July – 1st, 2nd of August 2018,
From 10.00 am to 6.00 pm
Price: £200. – Venue: Wem Swimming and Lifestyle Centre
Pre Course Pre-requisites:
- Candidates must be aged 16 of age or older.
- Hold a current STA membership (Benefits include; up to £10 million of Public liabilities insurance, monthly newsletter and more).
- Hold a safety for teachers or equivalent. ( For those who do not holdeither we will run this course on a date to be arranged). This course provides training in pool rescue, first aid,CPR techniques, enabling the holder to deal with poolside emergencies.
- Hold the STA Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults certificate (or equivalent). This is an on line course that will take approximately 2 hours.
- all the pre-requisites must be completed before a certificate will be issued.
- To apply please contact Niall Parker on 07702 421660. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application and registration forms.